Did you miss our Smart Eating Seminar? Check out the highlights below.
- Let your nutrition and exercise support your life rather than creating your life around a diet plan.
- Start with a clear mindset. Decide what small thing you would like to accomplish and see it clearly.
- Set goals that are specific and measurable, challenging but realistic, have short-term and long-term components, frame them around behaviors not outcomes, and share your goal with your network of support.
- Each component of food is important. Aim for a balance of each macronutrient at every meal. Protein cannot be stored in your body, but makes up every structure in your body. Fat delivers your nutrients throughout your body, balances hormones and maintains a healthy heart. Carbohydrates give you quick energy and include all vegetables, not just bread, pasta, and rice.
- Use your hand for portion planning: 1 palm = protein serving, 1 fist = vegetable serving, 1 cupped palm = starch serving, 1 thumb = fat serving
- Enjoy mostly whole foods to get the most nutrients, energy, and balance from your food.
- Eat slowly to release the full flavor of your food and to give your “I’m full” hormone a chance to work.
Missy and Siri offer personalized coaching to help you practice these essentials and more with the Healthy Habits online program. This year-long journey focuses on changing your mindset and getting to the root of what’s holding you back from achieving your optimal body. You will receive instruction, accountability, camaraderie, and motivation.